n00by fish keeper here - heylo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackiFaye

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey there! My name is Jacqie, and I'm 34. I'm from Iowa, US. I just recently started researching and collecting fish tanks. My first was a five gallon tank I won off an Auction site on Facebook. The second was also a ten gallon I won off a Auction site on Facebook. However, the ten gallon came equipped with a common pleco and four danios. (I realize that the 10 gallon is FAR to small for the pleco) I then bought myself a used 75 gallon off Facebook, and then another 30 gallon.

I've been doing my research and have been doing fishless cycling. I even talked my work into getting a fish tank! Cycling is definitely a patience game! Luckily, with the line of work I do, I have a lot of it.

I actually just had my first casualty last night. My betta Rodriguez :( I put eight ember tetras with him because I thought he was lonely, and I think it might have stressed him out. :( Lesson learned.

Any advice for a new fish keeper is welcomed! Thanks for reading and I hope to meet many of you experienced and unexperienced fish keepers! :)

Take care and happy fish keeping

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community! Sounds like you love fish now. It's okay, it happens, that's why we are here!

Good job on researching!!!

Also there is a link in my signature for Aquarium Advice for learning more about your tanks. It has some really important info for tank keeping. You might already know a bunch of it but it is nice to see it in one place if you need to refer back to it.

Back
Top Bottom