Name that fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danpas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. Got a call from a friend tonight who is taking down his tank and has giving me everything his tank and fish.. I put his fish I got in with mine and everything seems ok,, only thing is I'm not sure what kinda fish some of them are.. In my tank currently I has 1 pectus catfish and 4 small bala sharks.. He gave me another pectus cat and these two things he called worms lol I think they maybe eels one has bright red and yellow strips and is about an 2 inch long the other is like a dark brown with dark strips 2 inch long?? And what he called a shark lol which is a large 5in fish black in color and has large eyes almost looks like a black moor but in a sleek shark like body.. Any help identifying these would be awesome so I can do a little research for care on them.. Also cause I'm sure some one will ask the tank I have now is a 50 gal hex and the one I received is a 55gal long which I'm not going to set up rate away due to moving in a few months.. Thanks everyone!!!,!

Just looked it up nope not a weather loach they have no fins at all I will try to get pics if I can

image-665627129.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality iPad 2 camera is horrible!!! Can't find the eel/snake like things they love to hid under rocks and in cracks it was a pain in the butt to catch them

Looks like one of those iridescent sharks (I believe) or some shark. They all get very big (like three foot or bigger if I remember correctly) and will outrgow a tank real quick.
Cute juvie:
iridescent_shark-the_general-4.jpg

And full grown adult:
Iridescent_shark.jpg

Yes we have one down 2 more to go lol thanks yes that looks just like him! Thank you only this guy I got up looks beat up my friend basically abandoned his tank a year ago just fed them no cleaning no water changes only when it got low. So hopefully he will get better now also he is super active hopping he is not to stressed by the transport

image-2832090607.jpg

Here is one of the two

Attachments

• image-636498664.jpg
    image-636498664.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 106
The first pic looks like a dwarf pangasius shark, only grow to about 5". The second 2 are def kulhi loach. It's worth making sure about the shark if it's not the dwarf variety it will be a monster. I had 3 dwarf pangasius sharks they are quite nice fish just be careful when netting them as they have barbs in their pectoral fins that will get stuck in a micro net or anything with to small holes. I have 2 kulhi loaches fantastic fish, mine swim with my reed fish, I think they think he is there daddy lol. Good luck with the new tank hope your rescued fish will be happier in there new home.

Back
Top Bottom