Nannostomus mortenthaleri, coral red pencil fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sherry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I may have just found a source for Coral Red Pencil fish!!! I am so excited. I have been looking for these for six months. Now, Mark at annubias Design, (the Yahoo group and fish /plant importer) has told me he thinks he can bring in about 100 of these at the end of the month!!

I am so excited. I think these are just gorgeous fish. Has anyone here used them as dithers before?

Mark has gotten me some pretty terrific fish in the past. Nannostomus Eques.. splash tetras.. ect.. and he actually is a great source of different apistos , gobies, plecos, not to mention unusual angels, bettas, ect.. but the coral reds have been elusive.

He doesn't ever advertise, but he did give me permission to let folks know the corals are probably coming since they are so hard to find ;)

i tried regular pencilfish, and for some reason after about a month, they started dying out.

I find with pencils the ones that adjust to your tank, live forever, but I do think there is some intial die off.. at least I've had that with other species.

Dithers are n't necessarilly targets for dwarf ciclids as much as they are indicators to the dwarfs that it is alright to come out.

I have them right now in my 20 softwater and they are doing great.Eating good and playing around at first they schooled alot but now they're just everywhere.They're really cool fish and I hope you have a fun time keepin em'

sherry said:
I find with pencils the ones that adjust to your tank, live forever, but I do think there is some intial die off.. at least I've had that with other species.

Dithers are n't necessarilly targets for dwarf ciclids as much as they are indicators to the dwarfs that it is alright to come out.

My Bolivians were hiding too much lately, so I added some tetras. Now they are out all the time. And occasionally chase a tetra out of their den where they've spawned in the past. But now haven't spawned in a while. :(

Back
Top Bottom