Nano 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are really neat. Photos just don't do them justice. They're fun to watch. :)

I might try and get a school of those to replace my pygmy cories.

Do you think the Dario Dario would be safe with a few CPOs? My current CPO is kinda...mischeivious. He puts his claws up at everything and trys to nip anything he can get close to lol He hasnt hurt anything yet though. I plan on adding ALOT of hiding places and then probably 2 more CPOs. What do you think?

Does he really seem to try and pinch? All males act like that, they are very territorial, but they don't usually use their pincers for any kind of grabbing. They just aren't very aggressive as far as crays go. I have a full grown male who I saw get tangled up with a CPD the other day. He's several times the size of a CPD. The fish essentially swam right under the nose of the cray. He spazzed out and pushed the fish away. Would have been a super easy catch for him, but he didn't try at all. I would definitely put the crays I've had with dario dario, but I'm sure there are some CPO's out there that go rogue and decide to try their hand (or pincer rather) at fishing. I have kept them with fish that hang down low like the dario dario without any problems. I cannot say there is no risk in it but, based soley on my experiences, I would be comfortable with it. Hope this helps a bit! :)

It does thank you. Have you ever kept pygmy sunfish or halfbeaks?

How are the pygmy sunfish with tankmates? I saw the everglades pygmy and thought it was gorgeous!

I agree. When I saw them, I knew I had to have them! I don't know about tankmates. Mine are in a species tank. Their only tankmates are some pink ramshorn snails. I thought about mixing them with something, but could never decide what.

oh ok. I was thinking in my nano tank. Based on what you have seen of them would that be wise?

For what it's worth, we have had panda cories with split fins from CPOs. The CPOs were the only other animals in the tank so it had to be them. They're pretty territorial- I had one pinch me the other day.

Really? Ill watch it but I dont think mine will hurt the other fish. Eventually I will add more to distract them. I might look into the sunfish.

BTW did it hurt when it pinched you?

Not at all. It was hilarious. They are too small to actually pinch you, but not too small to cause a little fin damage. Not saying it will definitely happen, but just something to watch out for. :)

ok thanks! Mine is fiesty lol he puts up his claws at EVERYTHING lol He hasnt hurt anyone yet because everyone gets outta his way. Ill watch it though.

Back
Top Bottom