Nano 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I've never looked into regular tigers. They weren't hideous looking at all, they were actually red and blue, but had they kept interbreeding, they eventually would have just all been brown.

hmmmm....maybe some blueberries or blue pearl wouldnt be bad together? Im thinking about cpds instead of the microrasboras. I forgot about my 12 pygmy cories though lol

Hmm..well I never thought about it. In the end all your shrimp would look the same, which would kind of defeat the purpose of starting with two diff types of shrimp though..

CPD's could work. Are you going to do habrosus cories? That would be a good match. Then everything in your tank would do well with a temp of about 75F.

Hmm..well I never thought about it. In the end all your shrimp would look the same, which would kind of defeat the purpose of starting with two diff types of shrimp though..

CPD's could work. Are you going to do habrosus cories? That would be a good match. Then everything in your tank would do well with a temp of about 75F.
I have pygmyas cories. My tank is about 78 right now.

OK..must be corydoras pygmaeus. 78 is a little warm for CPD's.

Some say they are fine at the higher temps, but my research indicates they thrive in the low 70's. I keep mine around 75 and they've done great, so that and some online research is what I'm basing that on. :)

I'd have to say you should do some research on it. Everthing I could find suggests they should be kept in the low 70's, and no higher than 75.

I'd have to say you should do some research on it. Everthing I could find suggests they should be kept in the low 70's, and no higher than 75.
Is seriously fish a good reference? They said 68-79.

IMO it's pretty good. I typically gather info from many sources and then go with the majority. When I first got my CPD's, my shop was charging $7.99 for them, so keeping them at the temp that would allow them to live the longest was really important to me. Ultimately I think the higher temps will probably shorten their lifespan, but many hobbyists do keep them this way. ;)

Yep lol Any suggestions? (feels like we are backtracking lol)

lol Well I love everything we've discussed so far! Another fish I have in one of my nano communities, that I don't think I've mentioend yet, is yunnanilus cruciatus aka the hovering zebra loach (not to be confused with the zebra loach). They are so stinkin' cute. Unlike most loaches, they actually shoal around mid tank. They do rest and feed on the bottom some, but they spend lot of time swimming around higher up. I'm reeeally fond of them.

I keep a couple small ones like pygmy sunfish and normans lampeye in their own tanks, and then I have three communities of nano fish. I love tiny fish. lol :)

Could you post your stocking list on the community ones? I love little fish too lol

Sure!

14 gal:
11 boraras brigittae
5 yunnanilus cruciatus
5 dario dario
10 mixed dwarf cories
1 thai micro crab (I started with 12 of these..things didn't go so well)

6.6 gal (bookshelf tank):
6 CPD's
6 danio erythromicrons
1 CPO (I'll be adding another one or two in soon)

5 gal:
6 ember tetras
3 sparkling gouramis

Back
Top Bottom