nano clown tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superman1950s

Aquarium Advice Activist
Now that I got my 65g running itself (apart from PWC and top offs), I'm wanting a nano with a pair of clowns and maybe an anemone. I was thinking about the Biocube 8 with the biocube skimmer, and was wondering if this would be good for that. Or would the JBJ 12g be better. My LFS has a Hagen Fluval Edge 6g set up at the counter with a pair of percs in it, but I'm afraid that the lighting in the Fluval will be to poor for an anemone. Wanted to see what you nano guys thought before I start dumping money.

Thanks and stay salty.

Yep, the 29g cube would be better. Also, some people wouldn't recommend an an anemone in that size tank.

Lastly, just as a friendly reminder, anemones need high lighting to thrive. :)

Plus majority will get way too big fir a biocube. Clowns will host many things including corals stock biocubes can support

Well then, I may just go with a spare 29g Bowfront I have sitting around doing nothing. Which does have a dual bulb 24" t5 with it. Now then I was looking at a pair of Gold Band Maroon Clownfish with a Rose Bulb Anemone. How will that work out. Or will the tank still be to small?

Liveaquaria has both rated at 30 gallon min. Clowns will get roughly 6" but the bubble tip can get up up to 1 foot

Add a second set of two t5 lights and then you can keep the nem. :-D

As far as the clowns, I think the maroons will get too big for a 29g. :-(

Is there a different type of clown I could do with the rose tip other than the maroons? I'g getting the anemone from a buddy at work, who has great success at fraging anemones. Most everything he frags ends up at 3 of the lfs around me. Great thing about being in the military is when other uniform guys do the same hobby you get stuff for free :) Is it just the rose tip I cant do in the 29g or can I have a different type of anemone?

Keep in mind there is no guarentee the clowns will host the nem. Let me see if I can find what else may host it

Clarks maroon tomato and blue stripe. So all bigger clowns reaching 5 to 6 inches.

Occerellis clowns. You could have a pair. Also, i dont recommend an anenome to a newly set up tank. Wait 6 months to add one at the very least. The clowns might not even host it, too!! Think about that.

Back
Top Bottom