Nano fish for a 2.5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nils

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey you guys,

My name is Nils, and this is my first post:lol:. I currently have an empty 2.5 gallon tank, and I was wondering if anyone here has any cool ideas of what to put in it. I was wondering about a Borneo Sucker, or some endless. Please don't say beta, my mom doesn't like betas, and I already have a dwarf puffer in a 10 gallon. If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know. I have a heater, filter and light. It will be planted with real plants and I have a large lava rock for it. If possible, can anyone please give me feedback on the borneo sucker? Or could I keep a few scarlet badis? Thanks for the :dance:(y):facepalm::whistle:help you guys,
Stay fishy, :fish2:

Nils

You could put a colony of RCS in there, that's what I would suggest

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe 1 endler, but that could be pushing it. Sadly 5 gallons are the minimum size for most fish

Endlers would do well. I keep breeding trios for my various line projects in 2.5's. Jut keep an eye on water parameters.

Thanks for the replies, guys

I like shrimp, but I was looking more at something like fish, something that I can easily get my hands on. Shrimp are cool, but not this time. (As in I won't be picking them this time :))

Can anyone give me feed back on the Borneo Sucker? I reeeeeeaaaallllyyyyy want one but I am not sure if it would be happy.

Its a pretty small tank. Small planted tank with shrimp. Maybe some nano fish or 2.
Not really suited for borneo suckers (hillstream loach)
Even though they are small fish, I dont think they will be too happy in a 2.5g tank...
Thats my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, but all I really want to know are some exotic but non expensive micro fish. Could someone please make a list?

Thanks
Nils :)

Get a scarlet badis and some ember tetras
By borneo.. you mean hillstream loach?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah that's a very very tiny tank. The actual water it holds is probably below 2 gallons. Do you intend to plant it?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Thanks, any other good micro fish out there? I am in North Carolina, near Charlotte, does anybody know where I could get scarlet basis around here? Anybody have them for sale? (for a reasonable price, of course:brows::lol:)

Thanks,

Nils

Hill stream loaches prefer cool, well oxygenated, decent quality moving water and an algae supply. Not sure if you can pull that off in a tank that size.

No place that I've been to in/near Charlotte has scarlets or the darios. Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville has some tiny fish in the room off the the side. Pet Supplies Plus in Pineville has some pygmy cories but you'd need a bigger tank for a school of them. Upscale and PSP also have shrimp.

I think most fish would prefer friends rather than to be alone, would it be possible for you to increase your tank size at all? To 5 or even 10 gallons?

If you decide to get shrimp, there are several NC AA members that breed and sell them. That's where I get my shrimp from.

Alright thanks guys, I am really enjoying the feedback> I think I might do 1 scarlet basis, 2/3 endless, and a few ghost shrimp as a cleanup crew. Is that overstocking or is that a good idea

Thanks,
Nils

It's overstocked but not impossible, you'll need to take great care to keep the water clean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can anyone give me feed back on the Borneo Sucker? I reeeeeeaaaallllyyyyy want one but I am not sure if it would be happy.

I could tell you all about hillstream loaches, but you wouldn't like what you hear. Hillstream loaches ONLY belong in specialized "river" setups with water flow too extreme for most other fish. This cannot be done in a 2.5. 20 gallon minimum.

Back
Top Bottom