nano fish that likes high flow?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there a fish for a nano the like high flows?

I cant imagine a nano tank with enough space to fit enough powerheads that could cause TOO much flow...

How big a tank are we talking, and how many (and what kind) power heads do you have?

A better question would be whether or not your setup is ideal for a particular fish.

Matt

bluegreen chromis, love the flow, fun guys always swimming around fairly quickly and mine sits and waits for food when i walk in the room lol

i have a mag5 pushing water in a ten...i put a clownfish in there but it was just getting tossed around so i took it back. Maybe thats why my watchman wont come out and if it does it stay at the corner where it has less current.
And for the bluebreen chromis i dont really like those i dont know why they look nice but i never really wanted one.

i heard they are jumpers and i dont want to cover my top, are they jumpers?

Clown gobies are naturally found in acropora so they will be used to high flow (but in a protected microhabitat).

You could also go with a small goby. Since they hang out on the bottom they don't have to worry about the flow as much. Even if the tank has high flow it will be much lower down by the sand bed.

i have a mag5 pushing water in a ten....

Why?

I have to admit, I was thinking like mrg02d... "how can you get too much flow in a nano?" But a Mag5 in a 10g.... yowsa! I'd say reduce the flow and open up your possibilities for a bigger variety of fish.

yeah thats what i did my wife really wanted to go back and get the clown so i reduced the flow and went back for the clown my corals was loven the high flow. And the reason for using the mag5 was because it was the only pump i had laying around.

Back
Top Bottom