Nano Planted Tank for Crystal Red Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
God, I cannot believe I am already talking about starting a second tank...

Anyway, I want to start a small desktop type FW planted tank to house some ornamental shrimp and some plants. I really don't know what I want, but I have a few requirements in my head: 1. Would like something that is glass (not acrylic). 2. I don't want a hood. I want it to be open. I don't like hoods on small tanks... 3. No visible seams. Basically I want this thing to look like art, not a plastic bucket.

Anybody have any of the AZOO tanks? This one looks like it might be good... but the shipping on it is killer.

Azoo Mini Aquarium Mirror Bay 11.5l X 9w X 8h

or this one...

Azoo Mini Aquarium Mirror Choppy 11l X 7.5w X 8.5h

Or should I just go for it and get the ADA setup? I saw one of the small cube gardens setup as a FW planted shrimp habitat and it was STUNNING. I didn't look at the price tag, but I am guessing the whole thing is in the hundreds of dollars range... I could swing it, but hard to stomach spending that much on a glass jar :)

Anyone out there maintaining a small tank like this that could provide some insight?

Well, I took your advice. I ended up going with the ADA Cube Garden Mini M, which is a shade over 5gal. Started getting the scape set up. I am using ADA soil, and it said not to rinse it, so the water is still really cloudy, but clearing nicely. I will post more photos later and start a log for this tank as well.

19738-albums378-picture2473.jpg

Back
Top Bottom