Nano Reef Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Would the wave point super blue wave 39 watt high output t 5 lamp work

What are those things that look like anemones that are as big as a dime? Are those some type of anemone?

Or mushroom corals which most of them can practically grow in the dark lol.
I have some in my sump growing under a cheap cfl.

What test kit would you all recommend? Do i even need one? I rarely test my water

You should test your water til you get a feel of how things work in your tank.
A simple API master test kit will have everything you need, to include ph which you don't need.

If you get a FW kit you can also us for testing in SW, but you may still need to add a couple.

With a tiny tank feeding sparingly and doing regular pwc is mandatory. I would even say 2x per week of around a 1/3rd or 1/2 pwc. As mentioned testing helps so you can know your tank. But one error can blow it all.

Learn about Paly toxin and don't knock the polyps around and use gloves as well.

In January, I'm getting a 75 cichlid. I'll use the freshwater test kit. Would the 69 cent hermit crabs at petco be fine? Or should I go to my lfs which is a little more expensive, but much better

Personally give your money to the company you want to support IMHO, mom and pops stores aren't around and often as they were.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blue leg hermits. My lfs is the bomb! They are VERY knowledgeable

Then def buy from them! I mean they might be a bit more expensive but quality not quanity, and oh should hang around 8.1-8.3, I use a buffer to keep that at that level

Back
Top Bottom