Nanocube lighting has gone Kaput!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hairless ape

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, any help here is greatly appreciated... My light in my 12g Nanocube has gone belly up I thought it had a short somewhere but I can't find where and so I have resigned myself to replacing it... however, I can't find anywhere that sells them. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement light for my poor lightless Nanocube?

Any 24W strait pin CF bulb us fine. This one of the biggest complaints with the JBJ Nano. Dpending on how old it is it very well may not be the bulb but moisture in the ballast. If it is still under warranty contact them and see what they have to say. JBJ is well aware of the problem. If it is not under warranty, I suggest removingth ballast and seeing if it has moisture before buying another bulb, unless of course it just time to replace the bulb.

HTH,
R-

unfortunately it is not the bulb I bought the new bulb and it still didn't work so it must be moisture in the ballast... which is what I thought it could be to begin with. So I guess I will just go down to the fish store annd see if I can find a suitable replacement... my tank is long past warranty so I'm sure they won't help me much. but if all else fails I guess I will give them a call and see if they can sell me a new one....
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom