Native fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speckled dace would look awesome swimming around on the bottom!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Thinking about some blue spotted and dollar sunfish. I do have bn plecos for the bottoms. Maybe some kind of small schooling fish for the top? Like shower or minnows could always look into mosquito fish as were mentioned early:)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm gonna try to catch some shiners for mine for a small school to go with my sunfish. I also looked into rainbow darters or green darters for bottom feeders.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Beautiful! I can't wait to get going on this tank have any full tank shots? Maybe a stock of fish and plant list? How big is your tank?

I'm embarrased to show a full tank shot because I just set it up a few days ago and it needs a lot of work. It was improvised because we went on a fishing trip over the weekend and decided to set up the tank and keep the sunnies. I have three dollar sunfish, between 15-20 mosquito fish, 5 dwarf crayfish and some MTS. For plants, I just went to the lfs and picked out a few plants (swords, anubias, anacharis and 4 moss balls). The substrate is eco complete.
I am planning another trip when I get back from vacation to pick up 3 more sunnies. I am also going to purchase a few rainbow darters from jonah's aquarium website for bottom feeders. The mosquitofish are in there as free food, to be honest, but the sunfish are not interested. I think these are supposed to be peaceful.
Here is the tank shot.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432862378.431093.jpg

And a close up just because I love them already!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1432862533.544819.jpg

No need to be embarrassed I understand those last minute tank set ups(; I'm sure it'll look great! What size tank? Love the stocking list sounds great going to be a great tank!

Oh, the tank is 60 gallons.

Thanks! I'm enjoying it! I feed them frozen krill and frozen bloodworms. I am looking into other food to feed them.

Back
Top Bottom