Ndefil's planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ndefil

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok guys and girls I have a twenty gallon long tank stocked with a bristle nose Pleco , five harlequin rasboras a dwarf gourami five neon tetras, a dwarf rainbow fish three juli cories and a pair of kribs. It's filtered by an aqua clear fifty with floss and Purigen and also a sponge filter. I have a sand substrate plenty of rocks and lighted by a fluval Eco bright led I have two moss balls and two java ferns. I want to make the switch to all planted with no co2 what can I do?
img_2975589_0_012b8359293a6750e6ba2f73dd10a981.jpg
img_2975589_1_7160c9cd9a582f8dd2d51ec267ac8edc.jpg

Get a finnex planted plus or current sat plus and some metricide 14 and green leaf aquatics dry ferts... pick your plants and go nuts!!
Ps. On second thought.. is it the planted version of the eco bright? What kind of plants do you want??
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi brooskter love your tank! It's not the planted version of the light. I would like to keep low light plants tall one in the back med ones in middle I like swords. Love your tanks but don't want to deal with too much co2 or too much hassle

Is that java fern planted? If you want to.keep it simple? Stay with your current lighting and get some crypts and swords.. add root tabs under them and you're good! You can always tie some anubias and ore java fern to your rocks and drift wood

I would only suggest using Crypts, Vals, Bolbitus, Anubia's, and Java Ferns in a low light tank. You will need to use root tabs under the Crypts. If you want or use Val's I don't suggest using any liquid carbons such as Metricide 14 or Excel as they will usually melt Val's I would also suggest using something like Seachem Flouish Comprehensive once a week after your weekly WC. This is usually enough for the above low light plants.

The java fern is tied to a rock and semi buried I like your lists of plants guys thank you I do definitely wanna keep it simple will flourish help my java fern grow as we'll? I want my tank to be as stunning as brooksters Shelly's river cats and old scales is it possible with low light low tech?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thank you Brian I will post lots of pics as I continue the journey I'm picking up so,e flourish tomorrow and another plant don't know what yet hopefully you guys can make some suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you like a low light tolerant grassy foreground plant, look for dwarf sagittaria or Lilaeopsis mauritana (aka: narrow leaf micro sword). Although most typical LFS may not carry these varieties, you may have to order online.

Attaching some Lace Java Fern to some porous rock or driftwood would add a ton of impact to your tank. This type of Java Fern looks really cool. Also, Cryptocoryne Wendtii 'red' would look cool in the your tank. With time, their leaves get red and crinkly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have narrow leaf chain sword going in my 20 tall, it has spread out nicely..don't mind the algae laden anubias;) the otos dine there regularly. .

Attachments

• 1403612161923.jpg
    1403612161923.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 49
Well I did my first dose of excell tonight gonna wait on plants till the weekend when I have more time to play

-Nick-

Back
Top Bottom