Need a hood for a 5 gallon and wondering what to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone I have a 5 gallon betta tank and I want it to be planted without co2 so I need a hood for it so what would you suggest also plant suggestions would be nice to thanks.

You could get a glass top for it, or have one cut. For plants, that's going to depend on your light, but without co2 injection you should stick with low light plants. Anubias, Java fern, crypts.

Dr. Fosters and Smith.com have glass and plastic lids for a reasonable price. A 5 gallon lid is only $9. You can have glass or plexi glass cut to size at most home building supply places or hardware stores.

Desk lamps work great for that size tank. You have many options. You could buy any type of desk lamp that takes screw in bulbs and then buy a CFL or LED light bulb in the 6500k(daylight or broadspectrum). A 13 watt CFL would work to grow any plants you might want. Or you could buy a LED lamp with a 6500k bulb. There are a lot of ones available from cheap to expensive. I think it is a good idea to start simple so you can learn as you go.

Back
Top Bottom