Need advice from cat people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know of a safe flea treatment for young kittens? Mine are around 8 weeks old and they all have fleas from being born and raised for a few weeks outdoors. And pretty much every flea treatment I have looked at says it's only safe for kittens 12 weeks or older. Any safe products or home remedies you know of? I don't want to hurt them with the chemicals, but I don't want them itchy all the time either. Help!

Use Frontline spray. It s labeled for one squirt per lb. but don t spray directly on the kittens. Spray onto a peice of gauze & then rub it all over the kitten against the way the hair grows. Very safe. Once they re 8 wks old, you can apply Advantage ( from a vet, the stuff sold elsewhere isn t always reliable ) as long as it s been at least 3 wks since you used the spray. Let me know if I can help with any other ? S.

It s a veterinary only product. If your vet has an open bottle (we use it on our adoptable kittens) he/she may just let you bring the kittens in & treat them so yu don t have to buy the whole bottle. I do it as a PR thing cuz hopefully then we ll have that kitten as a patient.

Back
Top Bottom