Need advice from the elder reef aquarist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's what I use too "Seachem Buffer" in powder form. I just add a very little bit to topoff water

That's what I do too, I did add calcium with the top off yesterday after I had my calcium checked.
I know now the carpet won't be able to stay and the sps won't make it :(
I'll have to revive the elegance and try different corals. I'm glad my brain coral is doing well

Stop dosing, listen to mr x and just do some wc's and test your params when you can. As for the elegance, I agree with the above on the indo, and they are difficult to keep in pristine conditions, just do the wc's and hopefully it will pull through

You can upgrade the lighting to LED and keep the stock hood. I did it when I had my Biocube.

How?! I've been researching and the retrofit kit is affordable idk about installing it though and if I'd need addition parts for it.

I'll do a water change now with my RO water. How many gallons are recommended?

Do 25% if you can. Everything your corals need is in a reef grade salt mix. There is no need to add anything to the tank unless you have a tank packed with stony corals. Weekly water changes is enough to handle your tank.

My fluval sea salts levels are low, so I add a bit of Mg, Ca, and KH while mixing new water, so I don't get drop of levels when WC. Then I do a test the day after and fine tune the parameters with the topoff water.

It work great for me...

Use Red Sea coral pro salt. My biocube has calcium at almost 500. My corals look amazing. My open brain seems to do the best. The stock lighting in biocubes aren't really great (I have them still, but I'm upgrading my tank next week and using t5s). My guess is the salt your using to do water changes. Just get some Red Sea coral pro and do a few water changes. Gives your tank everything you need

Another option for lights will be " Kessil A360W-E Wide Angle Tuna Blue LED" but looks like you might want to keep the hood so other LED posted "byBreakthecycle2" is the way to go. It's up there in price but not far from the light kit he posted unless you do it yourself. The 360 can be bought with free shipping and from time to time there is group buy in forum this might be part of it and more saving. As of now it looks like you need to move fast if you might to save your mini reef. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom