Need Advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vatilla

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all! I have debating for the past 48 hours on whether or not to get the most beautiful Betta I have ever seen. I am absolutely in love and he is all I can think about. If my memory is correct, he is a Half-Moon Plakat or something along those lines. He has a white face with an aqua blue body and white fins with gold running through them.

The reason I am debating is that my other Betta, Pigg, is in a 5g QT right now for Fin Rot. I obviously can't put Mystery Betta into my regular 10g in case he catches the fin rot (I am yet to test my water this week, doing that tomorrow) and I don't have any other tank but a 1g. He would have to be in the 1g for a week or 2, which I would hate. But after Pigg gets better and goes back in his regular tank, I could do a 100% water change on the 5g QT tank and put Mystery Betta in. I would have no filter or heater for the little tank, but could put him in between two heated tanks and add a small bubble wand to the tank.

Thoughts?

IMO... Hardware setup first, then fish. The other way around just leads to more stressed/sick/dead fish.

By hardware setup do you mean the heater and filter? It would be for the couple of weeks he would go without- I have a filter and heater in the 5g.

By hardware I mean have the tank 100% ready before you buy a fish. This is just my opinion though. Impulse buys tend to go wrong fast.

I say go for it. Remember to do 3-4 water changes a week before you can get him in the 5 gallon.
I know how you feel, when they give you that look it is very hard to resist!

Back
Top Bottom