need advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0shayne0

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello can anyone tell me what the floating particals are in the video?

Could it be whitespot ? As it is everywhere n my tank currently has white spot but is it visable to the eye?

Many thanks

...and no need to post the same thing three times. Someone will get to you and answer your questions.

It's hard to tell. I haven't heard of Ich floating around visible in water like that. It could either be small air bubbles (I get some in my tank but not to that extent) and/or planaria (some of the small white stringy things could be planaria which are harmless but a sign you are overfeeding and under-cleaning). It's a bit hard to tell in the video. Do you vacuum the substrate regularly and do weekly water changes? Do you have a lot of bubbles going into the tank from water pouring from filters and/or air stones?

You could try turning off your filter(s) and then your air stone for a while and see if it goes away (not long lol just a half hour or so and keep the filter media wet if need be). You could also try a larger water change and cleaning the substrate with a vacuum to suck up any extra food/waste that may be there.

librarygirl said:
It's hard to tell. I haven't heard of Ich floating around visible in water like that. It could either be small air bubbles (I get some in my tank but not to that extent) and/or planaria (some of the small white stringy things could be planaria which are harmless but a sign you are overfeeding and under-cleaning). It's a bit hard to tell in the video. Do you vacuum the substrate regularly and do weekly water changes? Do you have a lot of bubbles going into the tank from water pouring from filters and/or air stones?

You could try turning off your filter(s) and then your air stone for a while and see if it goes away (not long lol just a half hour or so and keep the filter media wet if need be). You could also try a larger water change and cleaning the substrate with a vacuum to suck up any extra food/waste that may be there.

Hello there.

I vaccum once a week, do water changes most days 4-5 times a week.
No bubbles come out of my filter but I do have 3 air pumps and 3 airstones on my tank.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom