Need coral suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need some coral suggestions. Here is a list I just made of what I have. I may have missed something.

Acropora Purple/Green
Stylophora/cats paw
2 varieties of candy cane
red brain coral
2 colonies of sun polyps
pink long tenticle plate
orange short tenticle plate
green torch coral
green open brain
white bubble
green frogspawn
anchor hammer
brain worm platygyra
pagoda cup
sinularia
fox coral
tooth coral
flower leather
toadstool leather
finger leather
flower tree coral
yellow star polyp
colored center button polyps colony
2 different varieties of GSP
plain button polyp
2 zoo colonies bright orange and dull orage
yellow zoo colony
2 different varieties of blue zoo colonies
anthelia
pulsing xenia
pipe organ coral
green frilly mushroom colony
bullseye mushroom colony
red mushroom colony
metallic green mushroom colony
blue mushroom colony
dark red mushroom colony
purple mushroom colony
green mushroom colony
spotted mushroom colony
green stripped mushroom colony
giant cup mushroom
red ricordia mushroom colony
orange ricordia mushroom colony
rainbow colored ricordia mushroom colony
2 bubble tip anemone
long tenticle anemone
2 corcea clams (blues)
2 feather dusters (Hawaiian)
3 yellow feather dusters
3 pink feather dusters

When is the grand opening of your LFS? I know you have more then my LFS has..

Colt coral great looking and easy to grow and you get the nice flowing motion,
Sinularia... same as colt
I did nto see grreen star polyps.. easy low light and will grow across the SB... looks like grass... very cool..

I got 2 GSP frags from ellisz and a approx 5x9" piece from somewhere else. I also have a Sinularia. I already have a colt on my next order. I am waiting on a nice true red flowerpot before it is sent though. Thanks for the suggestions. I fixed my list.

I want some blasto or acans. Might try some other acros. I love my blue tort. I added a small gigas clam tonight. It has been too long since I added anything :(

If you were closer, I have a 5-6" across yellow scroll that is too big for my tank. Oh, do you have any monti caps? I have a orange that is awesome and a green/purple rim that is growing well.

HTH

I have been looking at the blasto also. I also want some more acros. What are their requirements? Hold on to the scroll and others for about 90 days and it will be warming up here. :wink: Everything I got from you is still doing great.

Is there a secret to keeping the color vivid with the acros? Liveaquaria has brown ones that have "changed over time". They suggest they will become colorful again in the right tank setting.

There is a LFS here that has brown acro sales. They are usually cheap and will typically color up. I think it is just because the light they have in their acro tank is old and not really enough to support them well enough.

One brown acro I bought was a milepora and ended up with long green polyps with pinkish tips. Another one turned a light purple with dark purple tips :) I got them for $25 each and a typical acro of that size runs $55 here.

It is a gamble though. I might have to check liveaquaria out :D

I just read my earlier post and relized it did not say what I meant to say.
What are the feeding, light and flow requirements of blasto?

No, it is in Clarksville, IN right off I-65 before you get to Louisville, KY. They have not had any lately though. They are redesigning right now. It is called Greentree Pet Center.

As for Blasto care, I would think it wuld not be any different than most LPS. I don't have one yet though ...

melosu I have 2 sun polyps.
Lando I had a elegance and it was completely dead in four days. First time the lights came on one end of it looked bad. Within 4 days it was gone. I will probably try again. Any suggestions? Last one had to be bad handling at the place it was shipped from.
I just came back from the LFS. I got a colt, yellow leather, and a white bubble.

I meant on care. I will probably try next from liveaquaria. I at least have 15 days grace period. :)

In my experience, get one from a LFS that has been in stock and doing well for a while. Collection and transport and the down fall of this coral.

ellisz said:
It is called Greentree Pet Center.

sorry brian..

is that the pet store in the mall ellisz?
I graduated HS at Corydon Central.. I go through there kinda often as well.. I might stop by and check them out.. :p

No, the pet store is near the mall though. What used to be River Falls mall is now Bass Pro Shop. The pet center is between that and the greentree mall.

Just as an FYI, Bass Pro will eventually have a restaurant that will have 3 large SW aquariums in it. The pet center has about 10 tanks full of fish that are on hold for the tanks. They will be using fake corals though. Supossedly the most realistic that money can buy though. I will check it out when it opens.

Back
Top Bottom