Need DIY advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alyxx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I went and picked up some plastic mesh (used for cross-stitching) to make a little corner divider for my male betta. I plan on stitching three walls of it together with some fishing line and putting it in the corner of my tank, leaving two edges open to the glass. I got a little ahead of myself, though, and didn't stop to think of how to actually attach it to the wall of the tank without draining it all and doing silicone. Do you think a lot of suction cups could work? I want it to be removable, ideally, so I would like to avoid using silicone. I'm open to ideas. Never really did much DIY aquarium stuff, so this is kind of a first for me, and I want to do it right! Thanks!

Suction cups may work but if the plastic canvas has any pressure put on it from the top or bottom or if you dont get it tight against the glass the betta WILL find a way out. Also, your betta may not be happy in such an enclosure, especially if he can see something on the other side that has some type of interest for him.

Back
Top Bottom