need fish id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney0596

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
img_1084145_0_9b9c7f310769961828074304c69890ca.jpg
my sister inlaw came over bearing fish for my bday. the one is a ropefish i know that but she could not remember what the yellow ones were called. she thinks the store said they were pink discus. they are yellow with a pink vein running the length of their body. what is the exact name of them because i cant find a pink discus

they wont touch the flakes i feed my danios it seems like they only eat the frozen bloodworms for the rope fish

yes they are all in a 110gallon/tall tank. she was told they are community fish, but they are part of the chiclids family so doesnt that mean they are aggressive?

well that sucks munkey butt. is there anything i can do to make it so i can have plants without having to put them in a different tank.

Severums are notorious for digging up plants. You could try some plants like Java fern and Anubias that aren't buried in the substrate. I would tie them to rocks or pieces of driftwood so they won't mess with them. Those are 2 of the only plants I see in tanks with Severums. Maybe severum mama, a mentor on the site who keeps Severums and some plants in their tank, will chime in.

There are certain plants that he will not eat or is less likely to eat. If you do alot of fast growing plants to out compete the severums you might be ok. Especially if it is just those 2. You could also do bulkier leafed plants such as anubis, swords, and java ferns. They will be more likely not to chonp on those. Guard the roots because they like digging them up.

i tried putting in a couple small pieces of lettuce to see if they would eat it cause a site said they eat lettuce but they have not touched it they are sticking to the frozen bloodworms that the rope fish eat. so ill try the anubis and swords and see what happens

just remember that lettuce does not occure in the wild, especially were they are naturally.

Back
Top Bottom