need help, cory catfisb keeps dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
every morning i will find one cory catfish dead, i started with 6 now i am down to 3. i dont know whats wrong. I have a 55 gal tank with a sv9000 filter, my ammo is 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 10, gh is 4-8, kh around 3, cl is 0 and ph is 7. I have cabomba plants with 10 black tetras, 10 red phantoms, 10 fork tail blue eyes, and 2 ottos. They all look like there doing good, eating swiming around. No bullying that i can see. I not going to get any more fish till i can find out whats.wrong. thank you

You're filter is way too powerfull for that tank. Are you sure it's a Sirus Vortex 9000? It has 2377Gph O_O

No its a japanese filter power box sv9000. Its a 4 stage filter system and turns about 237 g/h. Forgot to say tank has been set up for 3 months now. Also us ada nature aquarium green brighty step 2

No its a japanese filter power box sv9000. Its a 4 stage filter system and turns about 237 g/h. Forgot to say tank has been set up for 3 months now
237 is not enough for that size tank. I also recommend adding more gph power to the tank. At least 7-10 times to keep the tank in pristine condition. As for the fish, are you sure you didn't notice any medical issues when you got them?

Never seen or owned a cory cat fish until i read up on them. They just swim around the bottom looking for food, skin looked healthy. For substracts i have soil with sand on top for half the tank and gravel for the other half

Never seen or owned a cory cat fish until i read up on them. They just swim around the bottom looking for food, skin looked healthy. For substracts i have soil with sand on top for half the tank and gravel for the other half
Might have gotten blocked in the filter. I suggest you check?:ermm:

There too big to fit in the intake. Maybe they were sick and just didnt see it :(. Keep checking the water maybe i tested something wromg. Pick up another filter system. Will that
make the water current too fast for the tetras

There too big to fit in the intake. Maybe they were sick and just didnt see it :(. Keep checking the water maybe i tested something wromg. Pick up another filter system. Will that
make the water current too fast for the tetras
Well, get a canister filter and arrange the flow direction to make sure it doesn't hit them:)

Thank you for the help. I got 2 corys then 4 for a total of 6 so if only 2 survives then i will have my anwser. Is there any kid of med i can give them? I rather not have anymore die then find that was thr anwser

Back
Top Bottom