Need help identifying this please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachsweetie622

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Noticed this on my LR today and I have no idea what is is. It's a little smaller than a dime and has small hair like things on the sides of it. It moves around a lot and has a stalk type thing it rises up on. Any ideas?? Thanks for reading!

alg1mt.jpg

qq7k04.jpg

2iuwe34.jpg

Looks like some type of polyps. The frilly tips make me thing it could be a rock flower anemone... maybe. I'd give it some time and see how it does. Looks very cool, but not something I'd be concerned about.

I almost want to say an upside down jellyfish (but I have only really seen them on the sandbed), but Cindy is probably right or at least super close. Does it move at all?

Wait, I just looked at it again. Do a search on limpets.

I was just about to suggest a limpet, then I saw this had been already suggested in the last post. Limpet was what immediately came to mind when I first saw the photos - though these don't show enough detail to be sure.

Tony

That makes sense, that it's a limpet. That would explain the curved tip on the top that had me confused. Gotta say, I've never seen one like it. It's really pretty.

I have to agree with Scott. It does look like a limpet, but like Cindy I've never seen one colored like that. Very cool!

Back
Top Bottom