Need help is my Mollies pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also one more question is it possible that I can mix 2 food together when feeding my fishes for exam granule and flake food?
Will anything happen to my fishes if I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 5 mollies right now that i am questioning if they are pregnant or just fat.. I got them a couple weeks ago and 3 of them are larger like yours and 2 are balloon mollies.. I have no clue if they are or are not pregnant. i tried for a couple months to get guppy fry and failed then when emptying the tank i found some and put them in a breeding net. which fell in the water so i only had 2 out of 15 or so left and now i am down to 1 guppy fry... i want to experience this as it seems soo exciting but im afraid i am doing something wrong. i just got 2 pair of angels and are crossing my fingers they are m/f pairs and compatible for mating.
good luck to you... cant wait to see the babies

If you mix it? As in, feeding both products at the same time? I don't see why that would be an issue.

Yes that what I mean like feeding l granule and flake food at the same time and one else have any ideas if this would be fine?

Anyone have any idea if it is fine to feed my fishes granule and flake food together?

Yes it's fine to give both. Just dont over feed

Yes it's fine to give both. Just dont over feed

ok thanks alot it wont affect them right?

Also my molly still hasnt give birth what is going on am i doing something wrong can someone please help me? im really frustrated :/

Can anyone answer my question?
And also will feeding brine shrimp to mollies 3 times a week help them to drop their fry?

Can anyone answer my question?
And also will feeding brine shrimp to mollies 3 times a week help them to drop their fry?

Sometimes, fish just hold their fry for a long time because they don't feel comfortable giving birth yet. My black molly was purchased pregnant but it took her a while to adjust to the new tank but I was patient. She gave birth at her own time:)

As for the BS, I've heard that it does give them a little push but I haven't used it before so I'm not sure.
P.S. if you are feeding them brine shrimp then can you send me a video of you doing that and a close up of the BS? I'm hoping on getting some soon for my prego mollies but I don't know if they'll know it's food:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

I bought frozen dried brine shrimp is that ok to use? I'm not sure of the differance but my mollies, guppies and angels like it as a treat. Now I give the angels tropical flake and sometimes blood worms. I google allot. The lfs don't seem to know much.

I bought frozen dried brine shrimp is that ok to use? I'm not sure of the differance but my mollies, guppies and angels like it as a treat. Now I give the angels tropical flake and sometimes blood worms. I google allot. The lfs don't seem to know much.

I know angels love bloodworms:) Do you mean frozen or freeze dried? Most people on AA recommend frozen but freeze dried should be great too. If you give them frozen ones, can you send me a video of how to feed them those? I've been looking for them everywhere but once i find them I won't know how to feed them, as different people on AA have different strategies^^

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Sometimes, fish just hold their fry for a long time because they don't feel comfortable giving birth yet. My black molly was purchased pregnant but it took her a while to adjust to the new tank but I was patient. She gave birth at her own time:)

As for the BS, I've heard that it does give them a little push but I haven't used it before so I'm not sure.
P.S. if you are feeding them brine shrimp then can you send me a video of you doing that and a close up of the BS? I'm hoping on getting some soon for my prego mollies but I don't know if they'll know it's food:p

Namirah?Canadian, Eh??

Thanks i know it feels like I've been waiting a while for my mollies to release their and I'm getting a little frustrated :/ they are use to the tank now they have been in there for a while maybe around a month or so :s
Hmmm maybe i'll try feeding them brine shrimp 3 times a week and see what happens but hopefully it helps!

They will think it's food and they go crazy for it! For feed all you do is get a little cup add some tank water in it and then add the brine shrimp cube in it and let the ice melt and then pour it and let them feed :)
Hope that helps!

Think of pregnant fish like people, the babies will come when they are ready. Don't rush mother natuee

Yes that is true but I'm just wondering if there is anything I could do or feed them that will make them happy and more comfortable giving birth and maybe give birth quicker

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410975299.051738.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410975317.743675.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410975338.860991.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410975350.460583.jpg

Also can anyone tell me if this black Molly is pregnant and if so how far along is she and when will she drop and is there anything I can do?

Yes she is pregnant

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So it appears that you have many other big fish in that tank. She looks quiet ready to me. I'm wondering if she is feeling unsettled by the many other large fish. Just a thought. Do you have another tank to gently move her to that is a more peaceful atmosphere?

Yes she is pregnant

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So it appears that you have many other big fish in that tank. She looks quiet ready to me. I'm wondering if she is feeling unsettled by the many other large fish. Just a thought. Do you have another tank to gently move her to that is a more peaceful atmosphere?

The thing is she has been like this for quite a while now and I haven't seen any changes to her stomach so I don't know if she's pregnant or going to release fry...I did put her in another tank before but she didn't l drop and fry or anything so I put her back in the main tank

Also I have another Molly that I think is pregnant but the thing is that when I feed her stomach becomes boxed/squared but then the next morning or so her stomach becomes much less squarer but not flat so I don't know what's going on there...

Can anyone help me? Please

anyone?

My molly is pregnant and wont have her babies any suggestions?
its been more than a month now

Back
Top Bottom