Need help some kind of algea /mold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richardwm

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had this tank running for about 6 mo I recently rescaled it and now I'm getting what appears to be mold growing all over the place. I do run co2 injection and dose dry frets via pps-pro. My amonia is 0 trites 0 trates 10 I just ordered a phosphate test I'm running on t5ho dual fixture at 54 watts per. I have a bml fixture on the way just trying to figure out what this. IsImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391210532.095893.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391210660.489040.jpg

It looks like fungus growing on leftover food.

Kinda thought that spent the last 2 hr siphoning it off and doing water changes

Make sure you get it all out and do big water changes for a few days. I made the mistake of waiting a whole day before dealing with the same problem. I noticed it early in the morning but was leaving for the day and didn't get back until late that night. By the time I got home my whole tank was covered in that stuff and all my shrimp and snails in that tank were dead. It was a 5 gallon tank. I found piles of uneaten food under a house decoration I had made. It had molded and the problem spread from there. It looked like the blob had exploded in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom