Need help. They look like star fish to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peek49230

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just starting up a new tank and have some live rock going but no fish yet. These are in the tank. They are about .5 inches in size and move around on the live rock (about 6 inches) overnight.uploadfromtaptalk1463573634756.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That sounds bad. Thoughts on if I should remove them?

I wouldn't worry too much they're not that bad it can be very debatable as some say there bad and some say they're not because they may munch on some corals but fish only you got nothing to worry about and just pick them out when you feel the need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great. Thank you for the help.

Chris

If I see any in the tank I just suck out what I can while doing routine water changes , they can get over bearing if not kept under control , and some will try to munch on softies ,
just get what you can with each water change , they seem to hit hard in newer tanks but yes they still show up in my established tank but not as hard,

I have had them for 17 yrs now and never had any issues with them. I`ve never removed any and they help keep the trash off the back glass.

Back
Top Bottom