need help with aggression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrandonFishMan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 38 gallon fresh water tank. I have a pleco, an angel fish, 2 gouramis, 2 platys, 5 neon tetras, 4 cobra guppies, a balloon molly and 3 black mollies. Ive had the tank for about 6 weeks. Just tonight I added the guppies and another balloon molly to go with the other one. As soon as I put the new balloon molly in the tank, the other balloon molly abviously wants to mate with it along with one of my black mollies. The black molly and balloon molly keep harrassing the new balloon molly and i dont know what to do. Im afraid its gonna stress the hell out of the new molly and stress the rest of the tank. The black molly and balloon molly that were already in the tank together now seem to be competing to mate with the new balloon molly. is this normal and what should i do

I'm not real familiar with the types of fish you have but it is always a good idea to rearrange your tank when adding fish especially if they are territorial. Rearranging breaks up their terroitories and forces them to establish new ones. That may help aggression issues.

Back
Top Bottom