Need help with API pH test!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I followed the instructions exactly as they said, I matched up the color I got with the chart and I got this:
That exact picture is not mine, but I googled my problem and found this... My test tube shows the exact blue color on the far left tube. The problem is that I cant match the color up with any of the colors on the chart.

Attachments

• PH.jpg
    PH.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,504
Did ur test kit come with 2 ph bottles? Bc mine came with a bottle of ph test and a bottle of high range ph test. If I get anything that blue from the ph bottle I retest with the high range.

Did ur test kit come with 2 ph bottles? Bc mine came with a bottle of ph test and a bottle of high range ph test. If I get anything that blue from the ph bottle I retest with the high range.

Oh thanks good find. however I tried the high range test, and got this pinkish/light red color:confused:. again its not on the color chart.

Abrage, same problem here.

A couple of months back I had a fish kill immediately after I did a PWS of about 10%. Checked the water I used (dosed with Prime and left to sit for 24 hours) and got the same bright blue for PH and bright purple for the High Range PH as in the left tubes in the picture. As far as I can tell the PH in our tap water had suddenly increased, it still is high. Did some research and found recommendations to use an air pump and air stone to aerate the water for 24-48 hours before the change to allow the co2 to bring down the PH. Checked the water after aeration and found the PH to be pale blue (much lighter than the right PH tube) and the High Range PH to be a pale brown (much like the right HRPH tube shown in the picture). Guessing it brought the PH down to ~7.4 or so. No problems since. Made this part of my routine and never do a PWS without a PH check just in case.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom