Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tommy Honda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
3 month old tank, fish in with 6 weeks just tested water ammonia its high 1 ppm i think what can i do. Got 4 tiger barbs 2 angel fish 6 neon tetra 200 lt tank

what type of test kit?
do 2 back to back 50% water changes ASAP to lower the ammonia.
also, do you know what the readings are for nitrite and nitrate?
also, your stocking needs some adjusting. your neons will probably become food for your angels, and your tiger barbs will probably be very nippy towards your angels considering they aren't in the proper school.
one last thing, what did you do during the time before you got fish? did you add anything, do anything to the water, etc?
sorry about all the questions and welcome to AA!

Think I will get 5 more tiger barb once I get tank sorted they might keep themselves happy with that number and leave the angles alone. Before fish was adding api stress coat and api bacteria chlorine conditioner stuff. And had a bit of food (flakes) in the tank. Nitrate nitrite are ok. I'm doing the water changes since yesterday wit the excitement of getting the fish I think I forgot to do it last week.

Neons arent a great choice. Agreed. Did you have a fish die? Are they acting funny? What is the problem besides the high ammo reading?

NYgiantsRP said:
I just dont want you to be suprised if you angel eats them for lunch some day.

The guy in the pet shop said they would be fine was he just trying to sell me fish. I really like the neons but if I have to choose I'll keep the angels

No need to take any fish out just because they will nip or become food. If you see that they are all fine its ok, nothing else matters seriously.
I would not do anything until i see a problem happening!

Back
Top Bottom