Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As a nano reef? Get 1 fish, personally i wouldnt get more than that its quite a bioload. Clearly live sand and live rock and with the correct lighting you can get some polyps and corals. Colony polyps Are a good start... emerald crabs, hermits, turbo snails, feather dusters, peppermint shrimp; those are good inverts for a small enviorment.
As for fish just keep it small, like maybe a small goby or something. 10gal is a bit small for a clown or wrasse IMO. Firefish gobys are nice, or you can maybe get away with a possum wrasse.

Aggression may not be a big deal to you but it's a huge deal to the fish. Put 2 damsels in a 10 gallon and eventually one will assume dominance and kill the other one. You'd be much better off with a couple of small gobies or perhaps even a mated clownfish pair as long as you keep up with water parameters and routine water changes.

I would reccomend having damsels rather then clownfish and a few gobies, thats way too many fish for a 10 gallon and clowns dont belong in that size tank. Damsels are agressive but at least they will fight with eachother and not with other peaceful fish.... Get the damsels

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would reccomend having damsels rather then clownfish and a few gobies, thats way too many fish for a 10 gallon and clowns dont belong in that size tank. Damsels are agressive but at least they will fight with eachother and not with other peaceful fish.... Get the damsels

Not clowns AND gobys.. Clowns are
Too much for that size IMO. But just gobys should be ok as well as damsels. Maybe a single damsel maybe a possum/pigmy wrasse?

Woah I never said to have clownfish AND gobies. Go back and read my post. I said a mated pair of clownfish OR some small gobies. Gobies would be the best choice but a mates pair of clowns would be just fine in a 10 gallon IF regular and consistent water changes are performed.

Huffers said:
Gobies would be the best choice but a mates pair of clowns would be just fine in a 10 gallon IF regular and consistent water changes are performed.

I disagree. I would only put a pair in a 20 gallon tank, its not just because of bioload, its because if swimming room and agression.

I agree a 10 gallon isn't ideal and ideally the bigger the aquarium the better. But I kept a mated pair in a 12 gallon for years and they spawned on more than one occasion. Just my opinion I guess. My original point was that it would be a better choice than 2 damsels. In my experience damsels can be far more aggressive than clownfish.

No, no, no, no clowns in a 10g. You may have kept them "alive", but I seriously doubt they were happy. I think clowns In a 20 is pushing it. One lawnmower Benny is fine, just make sure he has enough food.

I recommend a (just 1) yellow tail damsel. They are beautiful and should be fine in a 10 gal tank

Back
Top Bottom