Need ideas for centerpiece fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfarticus

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am rethinking my choice for a centerpiece fish.
So far I have
8 Harlequin Rasboras
8 Cory Cats
2 Siamese Algae Eaters
2 Red Wag Platys
2 Mystery Snails

Planning on adding
2 Bolivian Rams also

Was thinking 2 Angel Fish also but am rethinking it. Not a huge fan of Angels. What is a good option to replace the 2 Angels?

Went to get 2 Rams today. Store was out of stock.
Picked up 3 Amano Shrimp.
I know it's dangerous. Have read many accounts of people having shrimp with the same fish I have, both successfully and disastrously. Figured it was worth a shot.

You could try a keyhole cichlid or Pearl gouramis.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I went with a keyhole, mine does a bad job of eating the guppy fry lol, so I imagine the larger amano shrimp would be ok.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1490742781207.jpg
    1490742781207.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 121
Mine lives with 15 Neons.
Don't know about Shrimp. Haven't tried any in my 55g as I also have Densoni Barbs. View attachment 296974

That is a beautiful tank.
What is the plant to the right of the fish with the reddish leaves on bottom?
It's beautiful. High light?
One thing I am not happy with in my tank is the plants.
I am rethinking the entire aquascape actually. But plants are a real concern.
Just got the Co2 system up and running. Only been a week and can already see a difference. Love how it balances the PH.

Do you think guppies would be a good fit? Maybe 6 or so along with the 3-4 centerpiece fish I am trying to decide on? Too much bioload for the 55 gal running a Aquatop 500cf?

That is a beautiful tank.
What is the plant to the right of the fish with the reddish leaves on bottom?
It's beautiful. High light?
One thing I am not happy with in my tank is the plants.
I am rethinking the entire aquascape actually. But plants are a real concern.
Just got the Co2 system up and running. Only been a week and can already see a difference. Love how it balances the PH.

L aromatica is the plant. It came out of a very high light tank. I don't run all my lights until I can add CO2
It will turn red at the top in good light w CO2

L aromatica is the plant. It came out of a very high light tank. I don't run all my lights until I can add CO2
It will turn red at the top in good light w CO2

Figures. High light...
Way out of my league.

That is a beautiful fish. They get fairly large though. Wont they be a threat to my smaller fish and shrimp?

Pearls are such lovely fish, I have 4 and they do not bother any other fish. Don't know about shrimp.

Do you think guppies would be a good fit? Maybe 6 or so along with the 3-4 centerpiece fish I am trying to decide on? Too much bioload for the 55 gal running a Aquatop 500cf?

You dont want multiple Gouramis. They are territorial. Just one Pearl or maybe a pair is enough.

They get 4". Mine is still growing.

You dont want multiple Gouramis. They are territorial. Just one Pearl or maybe a pair is enough.

They get 4". Mine is still growing.

Nice!
They get along well with Bolivian Rams, Platies, Rasboras and Guppies?

AFAIK Pearl Gouramis are fine as singles. Gouramis are grumpy with each other and some will kill all other Gouramis. Not all, but some do.

My male is gorgeous and eats like a pig.

Back
Top Bottom