need reef light for my 55g need 4x65 power compack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sandblas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need light for my 55g anyone have light for sale let me know
thanks oh skimmer tooooooo

I have a jbj formosa dx 4 x 65 which( 2 10k and 2 03s) I used them for less then a month before I up graded to my 90 gal. It also has the raised stands, which where extra. I also have a seaclone 100, which worked fine for my 55 gal(this is also only about 2 months old). I paid 265 for the lights plus 25 for the stands and 99 for the skimmer. I would sell them all for 225 shipped.

Let me know. I am in Minnesota right now, but I will be back on friday.

CBRGuy said:
I have a jbj formosa dx 4 x 65 which( 2 10k and 2 03s) I used them for less then a month before I up graded to my 90 gal. It also has the raised stands, which where extra. I also have a seaclone 100, which worked fine for my 55 gal(this is also only about 2 months old). I paid 265 for the lights plus 25 for the stands and 99 for the skimmer. I would sell them all for 225 shipped.

Let me know. I am in Minnesota right now, but I will be back on friday.

sounds good to me
can you post a pics :wink:

Here is what I have on my laptop right now. I can post some close up pics as soon as I get home on Friday. This is the first day I setup them up when I got my lr on 5-14-04. The stands come off and the light can mount right on the tank, but I had heat issues so I used the legs.

the skimmer is to the right it is a HOB.

Here is a pic of the light for the manufactures web site

http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_formosa_dx.html

CBRGuy said:
Here is what I have on my laptop right now. I can post some close up pics as soon as I get home on Friday. This is the first day I setup them up when I got my lr on 5-14-04. The stands come off and the light can mount right on the tank, but I had heat issues so I used the legs.

the skimmer is to the right it is a HOB.

Here is a pic of the light for the manufactures web site

http://www.jbjlighting.com/sys_formosa_dx.html
wich type of coral can i have with that light?
or what type of coral do you have in your tank?
i like bubble tip anemone

You can keep any type of soft coral that you want. I just started to put coral in my tank right before I move to a 90 gal. If you are using a 55 Gal I think that a BTA would live you would just have to put it higher up in the tank to get maxiumum light penetration (I would check around I don't want to steer you in the wrond direction). I know people that keep Condys and they thrive under PCs (they are more peachful and hardier them BTAs) you can also keep some hard corals too. I had a few that came on the rocks and they did really well. Shrooms and Zoos will also grow well(if you put them under too much light they grow like weeds)

Too spite what a lot of people say you can really keep a lot corals on pcs and VHO lights in a 55 gal. It's just a matter of placing the corals that require more light higher. Not to say that MHs are not better. I LOVE my MH+VHO. The only problem is that they are expensive to buy and run (my electric went up about $90 with my AC+lights to cool off the tank and it's only june) they give off a ton of heat.

HTH

Steve...

CBRGuy said:
You can keep any type of soft coral that you want. I just started to put coral in my tank right before I move to a 90 gal. If you are using a 55 Gal I think that a BTA would live you would just have to put it higher up in the tank to get maxiumum light penetration (I would check around I don't want to steer you in the wrond direction). I know people that keep Condys and they thrive under PCs (they are more peachful and hardier them BTAs) you can also keep some hard corals too. I had a few that came on the rocks and they did really well. Shrooms and Zoos will also grow well(if you put them under too much light they grow like weeds)

Too spite what a lot of people say you can really keep a lot corals on pcs and VHO lights in a 55 gal. It's just a matter of placing the corals that require more light higher. Not to say that MHs are not better. I LOVE my MH+VHO. The only problem is that they are expensive to buy and run (my electric went up about $90 with my AC+lights to cool off the tank and it's only june) they give off a ton of heat.

HTH

Steve...
o,k cool the light is 260w right?
if so let me know when you home i will buy from you. cool :lol:

did you change your mine?
i would like to know if you are still selling light , skimmer?

Sorry about that yesterday was my B-Day had a ton of stuff to do. I will take a picture of them right now and post them up.

Ok here are the lights. Let me know if you still want them. If you send the money to my paypal account along with your address. I can send them out first thing tomorrow morning before I go to work.

My Address is Steve.Rapko@NationalRequest@com

Here are the lights off. I can also take some pics of the skimmer too if you want.

CBRGuy said:
Here are the lights off. I can also take some pics of the skimmer too if you want.

i thought you change your mine so i did spen some money now i have 200.00 can you pleas sell me for 200.00 dollars
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY stve :wink:

i did brought skimmer online same kind for 79.99at petsmart.com but i will cancer that order but i don't know how long it take for them the put the money back. i need the skimmer soon i put some live rock and some fish in my tank please 200.00 and you send that to me tomorry :wink:

sandblas said:
i did brought skimmer online same kind for 79.99at petsmart.com but i will cancer that order but i don't know how long it take for them the put the money back. i need the skimmer soon i put some live rock and some fish in my tank please 200.00 and you send that to me tomorry? you want 225.00 i understan :cry: can you give me 25.00 off
please

sandblas said:
sandblas said:
i did brought skimmer online same kind for 79.99at petsmart.com but i will cancer that order but i don't know how long it take for them the put the money back. i need the skimmer soon i put some live rock and some fish in my tank please 200.00 and you send that to me tomorrw? you want 225.00 i understan :cry: can you give me 25.00 off
please

sandblas said:
sandblas said:
sandblas said:
i did brought skimmer online same kind for 79.99at petsmart.com but i will cancer that order but i don't know how long it take for them the put the money back. i need the skimmer soon i put some live rock and some fish in my tank please 200.00 and you send that to me tomorrw? you want 225.00 i understan :cry: can you give me 25.00 off
please :cry: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom