Need skimmer suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm looking for skimmer suggestions

I have a 70 gal fowlr
What is a good but affordable skimmer ?

Any opinions on a coralife skimmer ?

Good and bad opinions are what I am looking for .
Things to watch out for , tricks or suggestions for more efficient operation .

I have a 55g with Coralife SuperSkimmer 65. It's a great skimmer but I ran into some problems which is the ball valve that goes directly into the pump on the protein skimmer just magically broke off but I replaced and since then it's running really well. When you purchase it, keep the box just in case if any goes wrong. It's a little noisy as well. Also make sure when you screw on the head to make sure the O-ring is on good and to really screw on tight so you don't have any leaks. Really follow the directions to the "T".

I have a 55g with Coralife SuperSkimmer 65. It's a great skimmer but I ran into some problems which is the ball valve that goes directly into the pump on the protein skimmer just magically broke off but I replaced and since then it's running really well. When you purchase it, keep the box just in case if any goes wrong. It's a little noisy as well. Also make sure when you screw on the head to make sure the O-ring is on good and to really screw on tight so you don't have any leaks. Really follow the directions to the "T".

I have everything installed and seams to be working very well .
Except I can't get rid of the micro bubbles in the tank .
Sorry I forgot to mention I'm using it as a HOB
Mine is a super skimmer 33002

I heard coralife was bad and known for micro-bubbles .

It's bad bc of the micro-bubbles. Are you doing a HOB on your Display tank or on your sump? If its on your sump you can control it better that it doesn't spur out into your display tank.

I don't have a sump .
I have it on the back of my display tank .
I plan on doing a sump in the future .
After the break in period do the micro bubbles diminish or go away ?

They don't go away but there won't be as much micro-bubbles as before.

I bought it used .
I have heard all sorts of good and bad about coralife skimmers .
I know I don't like the bubbles .
The last SW I did was 15 years ago .
It was a 30 gal with a sump .
And I'm thinking it might be the way to go in the very near future .

If you unplug the air from the silencer the micro bubbles in the tank aren't as bad .
Almost none .

Back
Top Bottom