Need some help...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had my mbuna tank set up for about a year now. I have about 25 of them in my 90 gallon along with 2 pictus cats. I have one bumblebee and the rest is all yellow labs, red zebras and acei's. I hate to say it, but the tank is kinda blah. I be always had community tropical tanks in the past and besides my 90g mbuna I have a 20g tropical. I actually enjoy watching that one a little more. I love my cichlids but I don't know if I should get rid of about half and just get a couple new mbuna to add in or sell them all and go tropical. I'm not quite sure what others I could put in there if I decide to keep it a cichlid tank?

Try to sell.some i would recommend peacocks even haps will do.fine.with mbuna but watch out because the mbuna are.super aggressive compared to peacocks and.haps.. If you decide to add peacocks or haps try to get.some that are big.enough.to.defend.themselves from the.mbunas.

Are they trying to mate and having squabbles? That's the fun part! I have 3 holding right now. They're more aggressive chasing fish away than the Dom males! Pseudotropheus saulosi are my faves and cynotilapia afra white top. I play around with lighting and decor to try and keep it fresh but I have an obsessive personality! I get way to entrenched! If your not into it them maybe sell and start a new project! Something different like discus or some brackish fish like figure 8 puffers and some ruby scats or silver scats. Good luck whatever you do! Have you tried bigger aggressive south or Central American cichlids?

None have bred yet! But surprisingly the bumblebee isn't nearly as aggressive as everything I've read/heard. And my 3 largest fish take turns relentlessly chasing after the rest. I feel kinda bad for them. There's plenty of hiding spots for them but its nonstop. I have the proper ratios but the red zebras are the worst I have. I haven't tried any other cichlids before but I have a list of a community tank that involves some Bolivian rams I'm excited about that. As for discus, I think their gorgeous! Just can't afford them! Maybe sometime down the line...

Back
Top Bottom