Need Some Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acewiza

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to raise/breed guppies, shrimp and snails for the crew in my main 109g tank. Started with a 10g which is doing fine, but t didn't take long to realize that tank needs upsizing. I have a new 20 set up and almost ready to go, but the issue I'm mostly concerned with at this point is flora for the shrimp larvae to hide in. I'm pretty sure the guppies ate them all because they're doing really well, but the fist generation of ghost shrimp has now since died off, with no trace of any shrimp left.

So I got some cherry shrimp to try. I have Java Moss in there, but maybe not enough. What other finely textured plant that would thrive with a basic gravel substrate might I try for this purpose? Am I just naive thinking this combo might work at all?

TIA...

The combo may work, but don't expect the shrimp population to do as well as a shrimp only tank. IMO if you want the the best success with numbers, I would go shrimp only.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm not too concerned about the tank's output, from a capacity standpoint, food-wise. I have to admit it's mostly just me having fun with a new tank! :whistle:

I'm not too concerned about the tank's output, from a capacity standpoint, food-wise. I have to admit it's mostly just me having fun with a new tank! :whistle:

I just did not like to see the lil shrimp babies getting eaten. That's no fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Guess I'll just get some more moss 'n shrimp and see what happens... :fish2:

try some floating hornwort and another good option is subwusertang

Thanks teesew! I'll start looking for sources nearby. I haven't expanded my pet supply circle much beyond Petco and Petsmart yet. Initial impressions from what's posted around the net seem to indicate people have alot of problems with horwort messing up their tanks by shedding detritus.

Back
Top Bottom