Need some non aggresive tanks mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stix_oz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, i have a 4ft 70Gallon tank medium planted

PH 7.4
Hardness 120ppm
Temp 25-26C

Currently i have 6 Congo Tetras, soon to be 10-12 and 3 longfin Corrys.

I want some other small non aggresive fish that i can put in as pairs or singles.

Thinking about Bolivian Rams and Kribs at the moment, possibly angelfish as well, i saw some paradise fish in my LFS which look stunning, anyone have experience with these?

Thanks in advance

Stix

Kribs and angelfish can get aggressive at times. Bolivian rams, apistogramma, or german blue rams would be good choices. You could instead if you wanted add larger schools of colorful tetras.

Paradise fish are gorgeous and relatively peaceful.

I'm very new at all this and my LFS just wants to sell me things not provide good information.

I thought about adding other schools of Tetras but i just love the Congos so much i want them to be the centrepiece of the tank. I can get as many rainbow fish (native to my local streams in Australia) as i want for another nice schooling fish.

I thought a few other single or pairs of non-aggresive fish would complement the tank and congos well.

I will keep an eye out for different apistogrammas, do they go well as pairs?

most do.. but make sure if you only buy two that they have paired off already.. if they haven't buy one male and a few females wait for them to pair and then return the other females.. Research apistos online and see what species you are more apt to like, than see what is standered; harem or pairing, don't forget that all fish can be aggressive at times they have personalities just like us!

Back
Top Bottom