Need suggestion, fish getting better, should I stop the treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alexfox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
here is my story.
4 days ago. we decided to add "Jungles ick guard" .
because our bluegill (2 inch) seems have clamped fin not eating and floating on top.
we moved the "longear sunfish" to our larger tank. since it chasing sick fish very often.
I could not find "crystal spot" on fish body.

3 days later no improvement (did daily procedure from manual).
I went back forum looked more. think maybe "fungus". so I got "jungles life guard". and put it in at 6pm. now. the fish tail fin opened. (after 4 hours).
it is just as active as usual , starting to eat.

my question is: what should I do next. the manual said I need to do 5 days. then stop 24 hours. do the 6th treatment.
also I am worried about it had already killed the good bacteria also.
Should I change water daily. it is a single fish in my 6 gal Eheim tank.
and should I keep doing it 5 days then 6th times?
Thanks ahead.
still learning. (had bad experience 8 years ago on my gold fish. now i know how important not to overstock the tank and change water daily).

I would treat for the whole time recommended just like humans with antibiotics you can make the disease resistant to the medicine and thus making it harder or impossible to treat ....keep with the method that worked...
I'm not sure on the daily water change...I would change to keep water parameters in normal limits and take a carbon filter out if u have one

I would treat for the whole time recommended just like humans with antibiotics you can make the disease resistant to the medicine and thus making it harder or impossible to treat ....keep with the method that worked...
I'm not sure on the daily water change...I would change to keep water parameters in normal limits and take a carbon filter out if u have one

And what are ur water parameters?

Back
Top Bottom