Needing filtration ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

01n3on

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok guys...I'm not new to any of this but my latest aquarium has me stunned. I can't find a filter that can keep up with my fish. I have three Zebra Danios in a 5 gallon aquarium. I feed the fish a small amount (what they can eat in a minute) once every other day. I have tried the following filters: Subcurrent Internal Wet/Dry, Aquaclear 20, Aquatech 5-15, Whisper Junior, Undergravel filter in conjunction with power filter, Penguin 100, Whisper 20, Hagen Slim 10, and Aqueon 10. The cartridges clog up in about two days, and if I don't clean the intake tube and impeller weekly the flow will slow down to nothing. The cartridges turn dark green within two days. The tank is away from any windows, maintains a temperature of 78F. The pH stays at 7.2, nitrites and ammonia are zero, nitrates are 10. I do weekly water changes of 25% and vacuum the gravel as I do those water changes. I run the light for about 5-8 hours a day. Anyone have any ideas?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom