Needs help University Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chaik

Aquarium Advice Activist
I noticed this tank in one of the University buildings. Any ideas how to make it look nicer. I have experience with fresh water so i figured I could get some saltwater experience with this University tank. All help is welcome. 20180201_154751.jpg20180201_154758.jpg20180201_154803.jpg20180201_154833.jpg

It looks like things are going fine in there. I'd assume the lighting is what is making it look so unappealing to the eye. Usually blue spectrum makes things pop more.

I agree with hank. The tank looks healthy, but yeah bluer lighting and some more colorful coral would spruce it up. Changing up a bit of the rock work on the right may may it look a bit better too but that’s definitely my opinion.

To add, that is probably pretty old glass. The tint is either from the glass or the water is yellow ish...which some activated carbon can clean up if that's the case.
At the end of the day, comes down to what the university would put forward towards addressing...new lights or some carbon? Most likely the latter if that.

Back
Top Bottom