Neolamprogulos tretocephalus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys was at my not so lfs today and saw these guys, often referred to as the poor mans frontosa. They are relatively cheap for their size so was thinking of picking them up for my peacock tank. Anyone ever had these?

image-3371311721.jpg

They are highly aggressive, best left to a species tank IMO. I wish I could find them in stores near me.

"N. tretocephalus is a very pretty little fish with neon and purplish blue outlines in its fins and in the rest of the body. Although they are beautiful, they tend to be extremely aggressive creatures, claiming large areas of substrate and caves. If the owner plans to keep them for the long term, then they are best kept in a species tank with a minimum capacity of 300 L and a length of 120 cm. As noted before, this species is extremely aggressive and might fool customers when they are sold as juveniles, then grow to maturity and kill anything that crosses its path. Even in a species tank it is difficult to maintain these fish. "

Above is from www.aquahobby.com

Back
Top Bottom