neon blue acara

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sayan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to my LFS last Sunday and seen a neon blue acara. Looked healthy and very sweet. I thought of buy that guy. Bt I'm not very familier with blue acara and their habits, temperament, foods. And the comatiability with whom I can keep him? Need info guys. Thanx

Blue acaras need at least a 40 gallon tank. They eat the same thing as all cichlids mostly meaty foods with the occasional veggie supplement. They are quite peaceful for larger cichlids they can go with semi aggressive fish like tiger barbs work well.

Can I keep them with oscar? Wat is the full grown size of blue acara? And what is the life span?these guys really hav attractive color. Love it.

You can have one with a Oscar I would say you need at least a 100 gallon 6 foot tank to have them together they live for about 10 years if kept in proper conditions also let him grow at least to 6 inches before you add a Oscar because they are slow growers.

Thanx josh for this info. I'm planning to hav one. Sometimes I become confused wen it comes to Jack dempsey, green terror & blue acara together. They looks almost similar at juvenile state.

They do I forgot how to identify them 100 percent as a juvenile just google how to identify juvenile blue acara or something like that.

Yup may be those images can help a bit. Bt still its difficult wen all those moving juvis r in the same tank infront of u.but In case of neon blue acara and electric blue jack dempsey its bit different. Coz their color is much brighter and vibrant than those of nomal acara or JD

Yah they are. I think you should find a true blue acara though if you can study some images.

Yup for sure. Color matters bt since I start to keep oscars I learned a lot of thing bout cichlids. And these r the amazing creatures. Each and every species r unique and I just love with all of them

Want to ask something bout blue acara compatiability now. Can severum, firemouth, oscar or pleco r good tank mates for them?I hav seen with oscars bt don't know how they would do with others. Need advice on it.

If you don't have anything in there currently I would do a stocking of

1 blue acara
1-2 severum depending on if you want them breeding.
1 firemouth
8 silver dollars or 8 Denison barbs
1 rubberlip pleco or any pleco that maxes out at under 8 inches.

What are your tank dimensions though.

Nice list buddy thanx.if I want something except silver dollar is there any alternate plan?
Tank diimension is 60"x24"x24"
Like 145g or something.

What do you mean if you want something except silver dollars like a different fish than them if so I would do 8 Denison barbs

Yup I mean it, anyother fish in place of silver dollar. How bout monos?

Ok get it. Wanna ask u something is there any cichlids who prefer brackish water? Just for knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom