Neon Stiphodon Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calvin and Kyle

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently stumbled upon this fish. It's beautiful and I plan on getting one.

I have only one question, can you keep more than one in a tank?

I've read they are territorial to other males during breeding, and I've also read provided enough hiding spaces and a large enough tank it's okay.

Any opinions? LFS has two for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I'm gonna avoid my 46 as its a semi aggressive tank. What do you think for a 29 with caves, and decently planted?

My friend has these in her 75g Hillstream Loach tank. Her males do squabble for King of the Hill, who has their favorite rock , etc. unheated, high flow, lots of plants and smooth rocks. She grows algae on rocks for them in windowsills and she also feeds them Repashy gel food, their favorite.

Ohh that's cool! What color are hers? I've seen the blue neon but when I look the fish up I see other colors too. Have any pictures of hers?

Rom what I've heard and seen, they're a lot like mbuna cichlids. They feed mainly on algae and other plant matter. I've heard people say that they generally don't take dry pellets or flakes but frozen food can be accepted.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Ohh that's cool! What color are hers? I've seen the blue neon but when I look the fish up I see other colors too. Have any pictures of hers?

They are almost impossible to photograph LOL. They flee if they see you. Her tank also has a LOT of algae on the glass. It's a 75g and her husband keeps turning the lights on ;)
All I've got are pics of two of her Hillstream species.

Tank has a ton of Jungle Val, Crypts and Java Fern. Lots of nice rounded river rocks.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420664113.815281.jpg

Well I have two rainbow gobies now. They seem happy and like to hang out under the plants. I like em.

Back
Top Bottom