Neon Tetra different sleeping schedule?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReidILewis

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a planted 20G long with a group of ten neon tetra, and a small colony of Red Cherry shrimp. I've been noticing lately that one of my tetra seem to have a different sleeping schedule than my others.. Hides in the back, motionless, but once I feed comes out of hiding, nothing wrong with the fish that I can tell, doesn't look ill. My tank parameters are all perfect also, I do weekly 20% water changes. Just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem

I’ve only had mine a year so not that knowledgeable, but, as a rule tetras tend to school together, if they are comfortable they will separate to look for food! I have 8 neons and 6 cardinal tetras and they all school together but will separate to look for food but are always on the move during daylight hours!
The only fish that have done what yours is, are my dwarf gourami and guppies, they died a week or so later

I’ve only had mine a year so not that knowledgeable, but, as a rule tetras tend to school together, if they are comfortable they will separate to look for food! I have 8 neons and 6 cardinal tetras and they all school together but will separate to look for food but are always on the move during daylight hours!
The only fish that have done what yours is, are my dwarf gourami and guppies, they died a week or so later
That's what I feared with this Tetra, but it has been doing this for quite some time now, I just wonder if it's "internal clock" is backwards from the rest of the Tetra

Probably just a different acting fish. I got a tetra that constantly sits under a plant by itself half the time. He comes out and schools for a bit and eats with the others then goes back to sitting under a leaf on the side of the tank. He's been doing this for the two years I've had him.

Signs like loss of appetite, growths on his body, discoloration, bloat, swelling, fins deteriorating.....are things to look for if they begin to develop

Probably just a different acting fish. I got a tetra that constantly sits under a plant by itself half the time. He comes out and schools for a bit and eats with the others then goes back to sitting under a leaf on the side of the tank. He's been doing this for the two years I've had him.

Signs like loss of appetite, growths on his body, discoloration, bloat, swelling, fins deteriorating.....are things to look for if they begin to develop
Thank you that sounds more like my fish, that gives me relief.

Back
Top Bottom