Neon tetra! Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thefish13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My neon tetras r swimming at a 70 degrees angle and sometimes swimming in circles like he's drunk. I don't know if it is neon tetra disease?
Plz help! ASAP!

How do they look physically? Any noticable deformations? Are they eating?

Do you have a camera handy? A picture might help someone recognize anything abnormal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443055631.082646.jpg

I can't see any deformities. And I can't seem to see him eating

He looks alright to me, not sure if anyone else can see any abnormalities. I wouldn't jump right to NTD right away, from what I've read (and a NTD scare myself) usually you expect to see some deformities in the fish, mainly weird bumps and/or discoloration.

Some basic questions that may help us help you (help your fish):
what size is the tank?
how many fish (neons or not) do you have in the tank?
approximately how long has the tank been set up?
How often do you do water changes?
How are your water parameters?

Weird behaviour like you mentioned I've seen when I was medicating for ick without an airstone when I was a bit more naive, causing the fish to be deprived of oxygen. When they weren't at the surface gasping for air, they were swimming oddly and resting tilted at an angle.

Not sure if that sounds like it may be what your situation might be, but increasing my HOB filter flow and adding bubbles helped them a lot.

15 gallon tank with 4 zebra danios and 3 neons with one platy. Tank has been up for about a year now and I do a water change every 2 weeks. I also have a hang on filter. My water parameters are fine. And my other 2 neons r fine

Back
Top Bottom