Neon Tetras becoming greedy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aremihc

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a small (5) school of neon tetras in a tank. I've only had them a couple of months, but I've noticed more and more that one of them (the smallest strangely) will chase off the others at feeding time keeping them from calmly eating. They all tend to go back and sneak a bite every few seconds, but I'm just wondering if this is normal or a behavior I should correct (i.e. remove him for a while). The others will sometimes dart at eachother, but this one does it nearly constantly when feeding. Thanks

I got six in my 30 long and they out eat my Diamond Tetras. I see some of mine chase each other from time to time. I would just watch him closely and make sure he's eating. I think in my case, the neons move/eat so quick that the diamonds can't eye up the flakes that are floating like they always do. By the time they start their move the neons have gobbled it all up. I've found that by sinking some flakes the diamonds will eat and the neons leave the stuff that falls to the diamonds. Makes everyone happy :)

Back
Top Bottom