Neon Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all, I'm new to this site and I'm also relatively new to aquatics. How should I go about breeding Neon Tetras? Thanks.

Breeding neon tetras is extremely hard, few have successfully done it. I'd try something easier first :p

i second pandicorn's advice. livebearers like mollies, platies, and guppies are incredibly easy to breed. Cichlids also are fairly easy to breed (angelfish, GBRs, etc). If I'd given them the proper environment, I'm sure i could've bred tiger barbs too at one time without much difficulty. Neon tetras just most likely aren't going to breed in aquariums unfortunately.

As was said, neons are very hard to breed.
First you have pick yuong adult fish male and female. The males blue line will be strate and the females will be arched. then you have to take their tanks PH down slow and it needs to be under 5. then cover the tank. Make it blacked out no light. in three day uncover the tank. The baby's will look like little slivers of glass on the bottom of the tank. If you can get this far you have done something not many have ever done. Next is feeding said baby's (Fry)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom