Neons?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have space for a 40 breeder, would a 26 gallon now front work?

If you mean bow front I wouldn't recommend getting one they tend to brake easily. My lfs recently had a sale on them and the manager said they have one that comes back at least once a month. Have you considered a 29.

I wanted 8 tbs, I bnp, 3 panda cories, and 1 dwarf gourami(show fish)! Will it work?

aquaplanner said:
If I added more tbs, will they leave the gourami alone?

Maybe...IMO you'd need something bigger than a 29 if you want more tiger barbs. If you want the gouramy I'd pick a different schooling fish. Tiger barbs get large. Check out cherry barbs. They are pretty and aren't as boisterous as the tiger barbs.

What other fish can live with gouramis that are active, colorful, interesting, and have a personality or something unique?

My lfs doesn't sell any rainbows, could I get some more gouramis instead(females and dwarfs)?

What's the smallest cichlid could I add to a 30 gallon with a bnp and a dwarf gourami?

I would never ditch the gouramis, they're pretty and my mom got it for me, so whats the biggest fish that can live in a 36 bow front with the stock list?

dwarf gourami and ram will do fine together. Rams are more on the bottom level and gourami are more top level. Dwarf gourami and pretty peaceful fish IME. The larger types can be more aggressive but generally my gourami have been very peaceful additions to my community.

I had originally planned to add a ram into my community with a DG but finding one in my area is just too much of a pain and the cost is too high.

You could perhaps do a single DG, 1 ram, the BN pleco a maybe 7 cherry barbs and another small school. Maybe rummy nose, buenos aires tetras or axelrod rasbora or even your original neons.

Someone may want to correct me but I don't think this would over stock a 36 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom