Nerite Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NarwhalLover3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wednesday of last week, I received a CUC from Reefs2go.com, and I added Nerite snails to the order. 2 tapestry, and 2 regular Nerites. One of my regular ones was on my magnet glass cleaner until last night. I was going to clean the glass now that she(I'm assuming) was finally off, and noticed that there are about 35 of these off-white egg things. The picture makes them look white though. If they are Nerite eggs, what should I do? I obviously would like I hatch them, but I'm afraid that my fish will eat them. I have a Sailfin Tang, Scopas Tang, and a Mono Sabea along with 18 blue-leg hermits and 5 red-leg hermits. Thanks!

image-1823857861.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't have a sump. I do however have a Fluval nano tank I could put them in and wait to hatch. I could match salinity and temperature. Would that work?

Unfortunately, I don't have a sump. I do however have a Fluval nano tank I could put them in and wait to hatch. I could match salinity and temperature. Would that work?

It might work, but no guarantee of snail babies. I had Nassarius snails lay literally thousands of eggs in one spot over the course of several days straight. So far have only seen a few new itty bitty Nassarius snails from the thousands.

Thanks. I might try that. Any knowledge of how long it might take for them to hatch?

Back
Top Bottom