Nerite snail eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dswiese

Aquarium Advice Regular
so got a couple of zebras for the tank and now I have the eggs. I know they won't survive in fresh water. The question I wasn't sure about is will they hatch and go away ? Or do I need to scrape them off ?

I had a nerite lay some eggs in a small 10g I have and they still haven't gone away after a few weeks. I just ignore them.

Can I remove one if the nerites and be safe ?

Or both

Even if nerite eggs were to hatch, it is almost impossible for them to survive to adulthood without special preparation and foods for them. When they hatch they are soo small that filters will mutilate them and other fish will feast on them. They also need to have a full saltwater tank to grow from their hatched stage to become full adults. You have absolutely nothing to worry about with an infestation from nerites.

Oh sry I not worried about an infestation. I just don't like the spots all over my tank lol

oh lol I guess I misunderstood. I'm not sure if the females will lay eggs without a male present or not :)

My female Nernite has not stopped laying eggs since the male passed away three months ago. Luckily she lays them on my driftwood and not on the glass, so they don't bother me at all.

Back
Top Bottom