Never know when a tank is "overstocked"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Many people who stop by my apartment say how empty my tanks look, and I understand why they'd think that... I have plenty of 'bottom' dwellers that like to stay down by the plants and tucked away, so unless you are near the tank you don't really see them.

I do water changes every 7-10 days, around 50%. All my tanks have live plants, no fake stuff, and are over-filtered. I never have ammonia readings. I never have nitrite spikes, and my nitrates are always low, usually sitting just about 10.

46 gallon/ AquaClear 70:

-9 Cardinal Tetra
-9 Cherry Barbs
-3 Albino Corys
-4 Otos
-1 Female Guppy
-1 Female Molly

55 Gallon/ CF400UV (rated for 125 gallons)

-8 Bloodfin Tetra
-8 Serpae Tetra
-5 Peppered Cory
-4 Nerite Snails
-4 Otos
-4 Pineapple Swordtails
-2 Bristlenose
-1 Pearl Gourami
-1 Blue Ram
-1 Hifin Pleco

Would you guys add anything to the above tanks?

Some zebra danios for the 46gal and a few Denison barbs for the 55 gal should add more activity. Petsmart has Denisons on sale at about $6 each for those in the member program.

There's nothing wrong with understocking if you are satisfied with what you have. I think a lot of people overstock because they simply want too many different kinds of fish.

I would add some more corys and cardinals to the 46, but other than that I probably wouldn't do anything.

Back
Top Bottom